How To Make Healthy Chocolate-Chip Cookie Dough (No-bake)
Yup, you read that right. The mystery ingredient of this cookie dough is…. chickpeas! Don’t be turned off by that though. Chickpeas have a subtle flavor, making them the perfect base for this sweet treat! This cookie dough is delicious as a dip for fruit or gluten-free graham crackers (as pictured), or to just eaten by the spoonful!!
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can organic no salt added chick peas
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- 2 tbsp flax meal
- 2 tbsp oats
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp coconut palm sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a food processor blend the following ingredients- 1 can of drained and thoroughly rinsed organic no salt added chick peas, baking soda, Himalayan pink salt, vanilla extract, cashew butter, almond milk, flax meal, oats, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut palm sugar, and coconut nectar.
- Blend on low then stop and mix, blend again until smooth (about the texture of hummus).
- Remove mixture from food processor and mix in 1/2 cup or more of dairy-free chocolate chips. You can store this in the fridge up to five days.