Chocolate Coconut Cookies (Grain-free & Vegan)
Craving some chocolately goodness that you don’t have to feel sluggish and heavy after eating? These cookies are for you! They have a subtle coconut flavor, with no refined sugars, grain-free, and vegan! It’s important to put the dough in the fridge for 30 minutes before forming the cookies so the batter can harden. I hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
Yields: 18 cookies
- 2 tbs ground flax meal
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 tbs cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup dairy-free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life brand)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- Make 2 flax eggs by mixing 2 tbs ground flax and 5 tbs water in a small bowl. Set aside for 5-10 min while you get the cookie batter together.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, cacao powder, coconut palm sugar, hemp hearts, coconut flakes, chocolate chips, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vanilla extract, maple syrup, coconut oil (melted), and flax eggs.
- Add the wet mixture to the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- After 30 minutes, remove the batter from the fridge and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon mat. Measure about 1 1/2 tbs size cookies out, roll each into a ball and place on sheet (about 1 inch apart), and then flatten with 2 fingers. The batter will make about 18 cookies.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Remove baking sheet from oven, place on cooling rack and let cookies cool while on the baking sheet (so they continue to cook through a bit). The cookies will be about 2 inches - 2 1/4 inches in diameter.