Apple Crisp Stuffed Apples (Few Ingredients & Healthy)
It’s starting to cool down in New England, so to embrace the Fall season soon approaching, I’ve created a healthy apple crisp stuffed apple recipe. These apples are only sweetened with maple syrup and are topped with a delicious coconut whip that is dairy-free! If you love cinnamon and apples, this recipe is a must-try for you!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 3 stuffed apples
IngredientsFor the stuffed apples:
- 3 Envy or Gala apples
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk (not shaken, stored overnight in the fridge before use)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, foil or a silicon mat.
- Cut off the top of the 3 apples, and using a knife core the apple. Then using a small spoon, spoon out the inside of the apple and set aside the insides. Peel and chop the insides of the apple into small cubes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, thoroughly combine the oats, cinnamon, salt, vanilla extract, chopped walnuts and maple syrup. Then mix in the apple chunks. Spoon the apple crisp filling into the apples, packing them full.
- Place the stuffed apples onto the baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the tops have lightly browned.
- Remove apples from the oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. While waiting for the apples to cool, make the coconut whip. It's important that you use full fat canned coconut milk, and that you don't shake the can. This will ensure the coconut cream stays separate from the coconut water in the can. Store the coconut milk can in the fridge overnight before using. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking, then open the can and carefully scrape out the thickened cream on the top (leaving the liquid behind) into a small bowl. Then add 1/2 tbs of the liquid that is leftover in the can to the bowl. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the small bowl and use a fork to mix the coconut cream mixture until smooth. Add a little more leftover liquid from the can if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Top the apples with coconut whip, cinnamon, chopped walnuts and a drizzle of maple syrup or honey.