Apple Oat Bars (Refined sugar-free and Vegan)
With these oat bars you will live apple-y ever after! These are great for a grab-and-go breakfast, or snack, and the good thing about these bars is that you probably already have most of these ingredients on hand. Feel free to sub out cashew butter for almond butter, and coconut nectar for molasses if you need to!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 9 bars
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup of store bought apple sauce or 1 small apple
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 medium apple finely chopped (Gala, Envy or other kind of apple works)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- If you aren't using store bought apple sauce, blend 1 small apple with a bit of water in a blender. Set aside.
- Finely chop medium sized apple.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together, except the chopped apple.
- Press out half the mixture in a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 baking pan. Then add almost all of the chopped apples (save a bit for the top) and gently press them into the oat layer.
- Then add the rest of the oat mixture on top and the rest of the apple pieces. Sprinkle with extra oats and cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Store in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer!