Banana Walnut Muffins (Sugar-free, Gluten-free)
December 12, 2018 • Breakfast, Dessert • gluten-free, paleo, sugar-free • No comments
These muffins have a surprising ingredient sneaking in some added nutrition and keeping them moist- zucchini! Zucchini is such a versatile veggie, that you honestly don’t even notice in these muffins. This recipe is great to add to your meal prep for the week, as these muffins make for a great grab-and-go breakfast, or snack! They also freeze really well, so make a big batch and then save them in the freezer.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 21-25 minutes
Total Time: 26-30 minutes
Yields: 10 muffins
- 1 medium sized zucchini
- 1 medium sized banana
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel zucchini and then shred it. After shredding, use paper towels to strain the excess water from the zucchini.
- In a small bowl mash the banana.
- Then in a medium sized bowl mix the wet ingredients: shredded zucchini, mashed banana, cashew butter, coconut nectar, 2 eggs and vanilla extract.
- Once the wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, mix in the dry ingredients: Himalayan pink salt, cinnamon, coconut flour, baking soda, and chopped walnuts.
- Once the batter is well mixed, line a muffin tin with 10 muffin liners and evenly fill the muffin tins between the 10 liners.
- Bake 21-25 minutes until when you stick the muffins with a toothpick it comes out clean. Store them in an air tight container in the fridge or freezer.
Leave a comment