Citrus Green Smoothie (Refreshing and Protein-packed!)
February 11, 2020 • Smoothies • dairy-free, healthy, paleo, plant-based, smoothie, vegan • No comments
Although it’s not the prettiest color- I promise this Citrus Green smoothie is delicious and refreshing! This smoothie is about 340 calories (depending on your protein powder), so if you’re looking for a light breakfast or snack this is perfect for you! To “beef” it up a bit, add a frozen banana (100 calories), and/or another tablespoon of chia seeds (70 calories).
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 medium orange (peeled)
- Little less than 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or kale)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop (or one serving) vanilla protein powder of choice (I like Orgain protein or Primal Kitchen collagen fuel)
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional - great source of omega- 3!)
- Peel orange and juice half of a lemon.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.
Leave a comment