Citrus Rosemary Chicken (Oil-Free and Only 4 Main Ingredients!)
Citrus chicken is a classic dish with a refreshing flavor. This recipe is oil-free, making it very light and low-fat, perfect to add to your weekly dinner menu. Serve this with brown rice, sweet potatoes and/or your favorite veggie to make it a full well-balanced meal!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 lb boneless chicken thighs (preferred) or chicken breast
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (about 1 orange)
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Cut chicken into 2 inch cubes (roughly this size).
- Finely chop fresh rosemary leaves.
- Juice lemon and orange. Zest orange.
- Combine all ingredients in a covered bowl/container or Ziploc bag with chicken and place in fridge to marinate overnight.
- The next day, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade), and place chicken pieces on silicon lined or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.