How to Make Healthy French Fries (Oil-free and crispy!)
December 19, 2018 • Appetizers, Mains • gluten-free, healthy, oil-free • No comments
This recipe is simple, yet makes deliciously crispy french fries you won’t feel awful after eating! I suggest using a silicon mat– it’s a great investment, enabling you to bake basically anything without oil. Plus silicon mats are great because they are reusable, unlike other one-time-use products such as foil and parchment paper. If you don’t have a silicon mat however, use parchment paper. Foil or a non-lined baking sheet won’t work here, both of those would require using oil, so don’t make that mistake!
I love dipping these french fries in my homemade butternut squash cheeze – give it a try! I also love pairing these with sliced cucumber for an added fresh bite (like in the picture below).
Go ahead and make yourself some fries, you won’t regret it!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
Total Time: 30-40 minutes
- Organic russet potatoes
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash potatoes well!! I leave the skin on but you can peel them if you prefer. Slice potatoes into sticks.
- Transfer fries to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicon mat. Make sure fries are spread out so they aren't touching. Sprinkle fries with any seasonings you’d like- I like to use onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper and Himalayan pink salt.
- Bake for ~25-35 min. Check on them before that though- depending on how thick you cut the fries they may need less or more time.
Leave a comment