One-Pot Creamy Chicken and Veggies (Easy Family Dinner Recipe)
This meal is perfect to make for a family dinner, or to make and have leftovers (because it tastes great the next day too!). Feel free to serve with rice (as pictured), or another grain, or simply eat on its own! Bread would also be good with this, because you could dip the bread in the sauce.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped (I did half red and half green)
- Black pepper and salt (to taste)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Chardonnay (or another white wine)
- 2.85 lbs boneless chicken thighs
- 3 carrots (peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 1 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 10.5 oz can of cream of chicken (substitutes: cream of mushroom soup, or plain Greek yogurt)
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat, then add in chopped bell pepper and onion. Season with dash of black pepper and paprika, and mix in tomato paste. Let simmer until onions and bell pepper start to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Then mix in the chicken broth and Chardonnay, and add in the chicken thighs, backside down (I keep the chicken thighs as whole pieces). Then add in the carrots and green beans, and pour water in.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then lower heat, and simmer, covered for about 30 minutes.
- Mix in cream of chicken, lower heat, cover and cook an additional 5 minutes. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnish with green onions. Serve with rice if you'd like. Enjoy!