Smoked Salmon Bites (Easy-to-Make, Healthy Appetizer)
February 3, 2020 • Appetizers • gluten-free, grain-free, healthy • No comments
Looking for a healthy appetizer to put out for your guests or bring over to your next party? These salmon bites are delicious, healthy and look pretty fancy too! The best part is these are so easy to make involving only FIVE ingredients!
Feel free to substitute the Greek yogurt with hummus if you’re looking for a dairy-free option, and play around with the toppings if capers aren’t your thing! A few pieces of chopped red onion make a really good topping. You can also add a drop of teriyaki sauce to each salmon bite for some extra flavor. I like Sky Valley Organic teriyaki sauce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 20 salmon bites
- 1/2 organic cucumber (I like organic English cucumbers)
- 1 single serving plain unsweetened Greek yogurt (5.3 oz container)
- 3 oz smoked salmon
- 1 tsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp capers
- Slice cucumber into 20 discs about 1/8 inch thick. Place cucumber slices aside.
- Cut smoked salmon into roughly 1x1 inch squares.
- Assemble the salmon bites. Use cucumber slice as the base, then top with a small spoonful (about 1/2 tbsp) of Greek yogurt, piece of smoked salmon, a pinch of fresh dill, and a few capers.
- Recipe will make roughly 20 salmon bites (depending on amount of ingredients you pile onto each cucumber slice).
Leave a comment