Tex Mex Polenta Stacks (Less than 15 minutes!)
Want to impress your guests with a “fancy” appetizer or dinner? These polenta stacks not only look great, but taste delicious and come together in less than 15 minutes! They are also dairy-free and gluten-free, with added protein from the pinto beans. I added Kite Hill almond-based ricotta cheese for extra layered flavor, but that is totally optional!
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: ~9 stacks
- 18 oz precooked organic polenta roll
- 4 small avocados
- 1 16 oz can organic refined pinto beans
- 3/4 cup of Pico de Gallo
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Dash of garlic powder
- Dash of paprika
- Optional- 1/4 cup Kite Hills ricotta cheese
- Slice polenta into about 9 discs, each 3/4 of an inch in width.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with olive oil and let pan heat for a minute before adding polenta cakes to the pan. Fry on each side 5-6 minutes.
- While the polenta is frying, prepare your other ingredients. Empty the can of refried beans into a pot and cook on medium low heat for a few minutes until heated through.
- Cut and peel avocados. In a medium sized bowl mash the avocados with a fork and mix in a dash of garlic powder, dash of paprika and juice from 1/2 of a lime.
- Once the polenta cakes are done, remove from pan and place on plate to start assembling. Top each polenta cake with 2-3 tbs of refried beans, 1-2 tbs of mashed avocado, 1/2 tbs of vegan ricotta cheese (optional), and a heaping tablespoon of Pico de Gallo. Garnish with cilantro, and plate with extra lime wedges. Enjoy!