Banana Cream Overnight Oats (Dairy-free)
Oats are are a whole-grain food, that are linked to lowering risk of heart disease, and overnight oats are perfect to add into your weekly meal prep! Make this recipe and divide the mixture into 2 mason jars to have over the following 2 days. The whipped coconut cream and honey glazed baked pecans take this recipe to the next level- you’ll feel like you are eating dessert!
If you aren’t a fan of oats, in the least you should make the honey glazed baked pecans- they are seriously to die for and so simple to make! If you don’t like pecans try the same recipe with your favorite nut (walnuts, almonds etc.). This makes for a delicious sweet snack, that takes minimal effort to make!
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 ripe banana (plus more to top- optional)
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 14 oz can full fat coconut milk (not shaken, stored overnight in the fridge before use)
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp honey
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 cup raw pecans (no salt added)
- Sprinkle of salt
- Make the oats. In a medium-sized bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Then add in the rest of the ingredients for the oats to the bowl: oats, almond milk, chia seeds, honey, cinnamon and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined. Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight.
- When your oats are ready, make the toppings! First make the honey glazed baked pecans. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper (or use a silicon mat). In a small bowl mix the pecans with honey and salt, until well coated. Spoon the pecans onto the baking sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, stirring once while baking. Place pecans on a parchment paper covered rack to cool about 5 minutes.
- While waiting for the pecans to cool, make the whipped coconut cream. It's important that you use full fat canned coconut milk, and that you don't shake the can. This will ensure the coconut cream stays separate from the coconut water in the can. Store the coconut milk can in the fridge overnight before using. Remove the coconut milk from the fridge without tipping or shaking then open the can and carefully scrape out the thickened cream on the top (leaving the liquid behind) into a small bowl. Then add 1/2 tbs of the liquid that is leftover in the can to the bowl. Add the honey and vanilla extract to the small bowl and use a fork to mix the coconut cream mixture until smooth. Add a little more leftover liquid from the can if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Assemble your overnight oats bowl with the oats on the bottom (add additional almond milk if you'd like a thinner consistency) and top with the whipped coconut cream, honey glazed baked pecans and more banana if you'd like!