Mini Bagels (Vegan and Paleo)
Talk about BAE-goals. These mini bagels are paleo-friendly and vegan, and most importantly, delicious! They are somewhat fragile, so handle them lightly. Pictured: I have them topped with some hummus and veggies, but they’d also be yummy with mashed avocado, dairy-free cream cheese, or peanut butter!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 18-20 minutes
Total Time: 33-35 minutes
Yields: 4 mini bagels (about 3.25 inch in diameter)
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal (for flax eggs)
- Poppy seeds, sesame seeds, or Trader's Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 tbsp arrowroot starch powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp pink salt
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Make 2 flax eggs in a bowl by mixing together 2 tbs ground flax meal and 5 tbs water. Let this sit for 5-10 min while you make the batter.
- Prepare a nonstick donut pan by lightly greasing with coconut oil.
- In a bowl sift together the dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, ground flaxseed (flax meal), arrowroot starch powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Once the dry ingredients are well incorporated, in a separate bowl whisk together the 2 flax eggs and apple cider vinegar.
- Then combine the wet and dry ingredients. The dough will be sticky and thick.
- Scoop the dough into the greased circles (will make 4 total).
- Sprinkle each mini bagel with seasoning- I used Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (how appropriate). You could also use sesame seeds, or poppy seeds.
- Bake 18-20 min until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let bagels cool before slicing. Lightly toast and serve with toppings of choice!