Oatmeal Tahini Biscuits (Easy Recipe)
October 19, 2018 • Breakfast, Dessert • plant-based, vegan • No comments
These oatmeal tahini biscuits (or cookies) are perfect as a dessert, snack or even for breakfast! They are quite hearty, and full of healthy fats and protein, keeping you full for quite awhile. I like incorporating these into my meal prep and having them on hand throughout the week. They’re also perfect as a travel snack- bring them on your next road trip, flight, or hike!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 20 biscuits
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened toasted coconut flakes
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the oats, walnuts, unsweetened toasted coconut flakes and almond flour in a large bowl.
- Mix together ingredients by hand and then transfer about 3 cups of this mixture to a food processor and blend with 3/4 cup tahini (can sub for some cashew butter if you don't have tahini).
- Once blended move the mixture back to the bowl and mix together.
- Then add the following ingredients to the bowl: cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, pinch of salt, maple syrup, coconut nectar, and vanilla extract. Mix all together until it's well mixed and sticky.
- Roll mixture into balls with hands and then flatten a bit on the cookie sheet (lined with parchment paper). Top each with a pecan if desired.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes. This yields about 20 cookies. Store for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
Leave a comment