Protein-packed Granola (15 minutes!)
August 6, 2019 • Appetizers, Breakfast • healthy • No comments
This granola takes only 15 minutes to make and you only need 8 ingredients! I love to eat this granola on its own, with yogurt, smoothie bowls, or one of my favorite ways is with almond milk as a cereal- SO GOOD! Also, having it with fruit is a great combination. If you don’t want to invest in a collagen powder for this recipe (which has great benefits- you should look into!), feel free to use any protein powder you have on hand; I recommend vanilla flavor. Also, feel free to swap out walnuts for other nuts you prefer, and also other dried fruits if you’d like!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Vanilla Coconut powder (or another type of vanilla protein or collagen powder)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 dashes of salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix all of the dry ingredients until well combined. Then mix in the vanilla extract and maple syrup until the dry ingredients are coated thoroughly with the maple syrup.
- Line a large baking sheet (about 17 x 12 inch in size) with a silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Spread the granola out onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Then bake for 10 minutes until the granola is lightly browned.
- Remove baking sheet from the oven and let the granola cool for at least 20 minutes.
- When removing granola from the baking sheet, break apart into small chunks and store in an air-tight container in the freeze for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a comment