Almond Tzatziki (Dairy-free)
October 20, 2018 • Appetizers • dairy-free, paleo, plant-based, vegan • No comments
Traditional tzatziki is made with Greek yogurt, and in this dairy-free version I’ve used an almond-milk based yogurt. If you can find a Greek-style vegan yogurt I would use that if you want a thicker consistency. This is great served as a dip for raw veggies or pita chips, and could also be perfect for a salad dressing, especially with falafel! I love putting this out when friends come over, because not only is it a crowd-pleaser, but it is colorful when served with veggies, making for an eye-catching spread, and it takes little time to pull together!
Prep Time: 3-5 min
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 16 oz Kite Hills plain unsweetened almond milk yogurt
- 1/2 of an organic cucumber
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Finely grate half a large cucumber, and then use a paper towel to ring out excess water from cucumber.
- Add grated cucumber to a medium sized bowl and add in the yogurt, minced garlic, dill, salt, pepper, lemon juice and 1 - 2 tbs olive oil.
- Then store in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. This step is optional but it helps the flavors marry together so I highly suggest it! The dip will keep up to five days in a tightly stored container in the fridge.
Leave a comment