Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bites (No-bake, Dairy-free)
Who doesn’t love dessert? What about delicious dessert that is also made of healthy, and whole food ingredients? These chocolate chip cheesecake bites are so yummy, and use very few ingredients. A high speed blender is definitely preferred when making these so the texture is nice and smooth. Don’t forget to let them thaw a bit before eating, or even throw them in the microwave for a few seconds if you are impatient! Best part is these cheesecake bites last really well in the freezer, so make a big batch and enjoy over 2 weeks (if you can hold yourself back from eating them all in one, or two sittings!). Enjoy!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 12 cheesecake bites
IngredientsFor the crust:
- 1 cup packed pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 2 cups raw soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (shaken)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- About 2 cups of dairy-free chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- For the crust- add the medjool dates to a food processor or high speed blender (I used my Vitamix). Blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside. Next, add the raw walnuts to the blender and blend into a meal. Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms. It should stick together.
- Line a 12 slot muffin tin with paper liners. Scoop a bit more than 1 tbs of crust into each muffin slot and press down with fingers. I used a little glass cup that was the right size to push each mixture down.
- Clean your blender. Then make the filling. Add the raw cashews (that have been soaked), canned coconut milk (shaken), coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and vanilla extract to your blender and blend about 2 min on high until its silky smooth. Spoon the mixture over the crust evenly into the 12 muffins tins. Set the whole tray in the freezer for about 10 min to let it set a bit.
- Remove tray from freezer and top each with some dairy-free chocolate chips and place the whole tray back in the freezer to set for 3 hours before eating. I like to let mine thaw for about 15 min at room temperature before eating, but you can also microwave for ~15 seconds or enjoy them frozen! They will keep up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container in the freezer.