Strawberry Milkshake Protein Balls (Less than 15 minutes!)
These treats take 15 minutes to make, are protein-packed and taste like dessert. Add this recipe to your weekly meal prep to have them throughout the week (if they last that long!) to take on-the-go as snacks, a healthy dessert or afternoon pick-me-up. For the protein powder, you can use whatever you’d like but I personally like Orgain and Primal Kitchen collagen fuel (with the added bonus of collagen)! Depending on the protein powder you use, this recipe can be made vegan.
This recipe also has chia seeds which is an excellent source of Omega-3’s. My favorite brand of cashew butter is Artisana Organics, but feel free to use whatever kind you have, I just suggest you purchase nut butters that have minimal ingredients listed: nuts and maybe salt. Get a rollin’ and enjoy!
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 30 protein balls
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder of choice (I use Primal Kitchen Collagen Fuel Vanilla Coconut powder, or Orgain vanilla protein powder)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup chopped unsweetened freeze dried strawberries (I use one 1.2 oz package of freeze dried strawberries from Trader Joe's)
- Strawberry fruit powder (optional- to coat protein balls)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter (I like Artisana Organics Raw Cashew Butter)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Chop the freeze dried strawberries, or if they are in a package simply squeeze the package a few times to crunch up the pieces before opening it.
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Then add in the cashew butter and vanilla extract. Mix until the dough becomes sticky and crumbly.
- Add in almond milk and mix until the mixture is sticking together enough to form balls.
- Roll balls by hand, washing hands in between if dough is sticking to your hands too much. This recipe makes about 30 protein balls that are 1/2 a tablespoon in size. Feel free to roll them smaller or larger depending on your preference.
- Optional step- roll balls in strawberry fruit powder.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to a week!