Crispy Chickpeas (Quick and Easy!)
I personally love chickpeas, and this has got to be one of my favorite ways to eat them. It takes minimal effort to make chickpeas this way, and you will be impressed with how flavorful and addicting they are- you’ll be eating them by the handful! I like these as a snack on their own, or to top your salads (sort of like a healthy sub for croutons!)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 can organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt (or sea salt)
- 1/8 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse and drain 1 can of chickpeas.
- Let the chickpeas air dry for a few minutes and then pat them dry with a towel.
- Toss the chickpeas in olive oil and a pinch of salt.
- Bake on single layer on baking sheet for about 35 minutes, shifting the chickpeas around about halfway through. You don't need to line baking sheet but you can use a silicon mat if you have it.
- Once the chickpeas are crispy to your liking, remove from oven, empty them into a bowl and toss with ground cumin, garlic powder, salt, and smoked paprika. Adjust seasoning to taste.