Crispy Gingerbread Cookies (Grain-free & Vegan)
December 23, 2018 • Dessert • gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, vegan • No comments
Looking for a healthy, and festive dessert for this holiday season? These cookies are perfect for you! Not only are they delicious, but they’re grain-free, paleo-friendly, vegan, and refined sugar-free. I like decorating mine with dried fruits and oat flakes, but you could decorate with icing if you’d like the more traditional look!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Yields: 20 cookies
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup arrow root starch (plus more to cover your table surface)
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- Oat flakes
- Dried fruits (dried cranberries, raisins etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine the dry ingredients.
- Once the dry ingredients are thoroughly combined, mix in the wet ingredients.
- Once the dough is mixed nicely, place the bowl with the dough in the freezer for 30 minutes to firm up.
- After 30 min, remove the dough from the freezer and use arrowroot starch on your counter surface to roll out the dough and cut out cookies with whatever shapes you’d like such as gingerbread men, snowflakes and Christmas trees.
- Decorate your cookies with dry ingredients such as oat flakes, dried fruits and mixed nuts.
- Place cookies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes.
Leave a comment