Ground Turkey and Veggie Mix (For Healthy Tacos and More!)
This is a super easy to make recipe you can eat on its own, or serve in tortillas as tacos, over brown rice in taco bowls, mixed with lettuce as a taco salad or even to stuff peppers! This dish is very versatile and you can make it your own by garnishing with various things such as green onion, cilantro, sliced avocado, cheese, sour cream (Greek yogurt is a great healthy alternative for sour cream), or try my cashew sour cream recipe if you’d like to keep the recipe dairy-free.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- 8 oz enchilada sauce (I use Frontera Red Chile Enchilada Sauce)
- 1 large chopped zucchini
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup corn (Canned or frozen)
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp hot sauce (I use Frank's Original Red Hot)
- Green onion (to garnish)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Prepare the veggies- chop onion, chop zucchini and shred carrot.
- Heat a bit of olive oil on a large frying pan for a few minutes. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Cook turkey in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring to break up clumps, until no longer pink, 8-10 minutes.
- Drain if necessary. Add the rest of the ingredients (except green onion and cilantro) to the pan and cook an additional 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables have softened.
- Garnish with chopped green onion and fresh cilantro. Enjoy!