One-Pan Coconut Ginger Chicken and Rice (Easy to Make!)
This one-pan meal was inspired by Ali Slagle’s “One-Pan Coconut Curry Rice with Chicken and Vegetables”. That recipe called for curry and a few other ingredients, but we aren’t really curry fans. So I stuck with the basic premise of one-pan, because who doesn’t love an easy clean up, and made this recipe my own, and it turned out SO GOOD! This meal is perfect for a family or, dare I say, even better as leftovers, so it’s great to incorporate into your weekly meal prep.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 inches ginger root peeled and minced
- 13.5 oz canned coconut milk (full fat)
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos
- juice from 1/2 lime (plus extra lime for when you serve)
- 4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- Salt and black pepper
- Green onion (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare the meat and vegetables. Cut the chicken into about 1 inch pieces, chop the red bell pepper and mince the ginger and garlic.
- In a 9X13 inch baking dish (I use my glass Pyrex), combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, minced garlic, minced ginger, coconut aminos and lime juice, whisking until well blended. Then season with a dash of salt and pepper and add the chicken and red bell pepper. Then scatter the rice over everything.
- Boil 1 1/4 cups of water and once its boiling, remove from heat and pour the boiling water over the mixture in the pan. Tightly seal the pan with foil and bake about 50 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- While the chicken/rice mixture is cooking in the oven, cut the cauliflower and break into little florets.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven and remove the foil. Scatter the cauliflower florets over the rice and season with a bit of salt and pepper, then reseal with foil. Bake another 6 minutes or so until the cauliflower is steamed through.
- Remove the dish carefully from the oven and let sit (covered) for 10-15 minutes to let the sauce thicken.
- Remove the foil and mix. Garnish with green onions and serve with lime wedges. Enjoy!