Portuguese-style Chicken (Less than 10 Ingredients!)
This is my take on Portuguese peri peri chicken. This recipe is healthy and simple to make, perfect for a family, or to make as a part of your meal prep for the week! Serve with vegetables, rice, salad- whatever you want! This dish packs tons of flavor and I personally love to pair it with sweet potato and some greens such as asparagus or sugar snap peas!
Here’s what the chicken looks like in the baking dish:
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 37 minutes
- 1.5 lbs chicken (I like to use chicken thighs)
- 1 bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1/2 (or a bit more) of white wine
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a oven-safe baking tray (about 7 in X 9 in size, and a few inches deep) with foil or use silicon mat). Note- If you use a glass baking dish, you will need to bake for longer.
- Cut up chicken into pieces that are about the size of your palm and place the pieces in the dish.
- Chop the bell pepper and onion and place over the chicken in the dish.
- In a small bowl add juice from 1/2 of a lemon, tomato paste and white wine. Mix thoroughly then pour over the chicken.
- Measure out all of the spices and mix them together in a small bowl. Then sprinkle over the chicken.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Garnish with green onion (optional), and enjoy!