Pesto Pasta Salad (10 Minute Recipe!)
This is a simple recipe that comes together in only about 10 minutes! Use store-bought pesto, or feel free to make your own. I personally like to use Banza pasta (which is made of chickpeas), but you can use any pasta of your choice. This recipe calls for Greek yogurt, but if you’d like to make it dairy-free I recommend using a vegan mayo like Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise which is made with aquafaba.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 8 oz pasta of your choice (If you want to keep this gluten-free try using a legume-based pasta- I like Banza which is made of chickpeas)
- 1 cup peas
- 4 tbsp pesto
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 single serving plain unsweetened Greek yogurt (5.3 oz) (If you want to make this dairy-free, try a vegan mayo, I personally like Sir Kensington's Fabanaise which is made with aquafaba)
- 2 tbsp finely diced raw onion
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Black pepper and salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to instructions.
- Cook peas according to instructions. (I use frozen peas and cook them in the microwave - most convenient way!)
- While the pasta and peas are cooking, finely dice the onion. Then in a large bowl thoroughly combine the pesto, lemon juice, minced garlic, honey, Greek yogurt, onion and hot sauce. Then add black pepper and salt to taste.
- Once the sauce is made, mix in the cooked pasta (after straining) and cooked peas. Enjoy!