How to Make Healthy Alfredo Pasta (Dairy-free)
Looking for a dairy-free, healthy version of one of your favorite “guilty pleasures”? This alfredo recipe will have you questioning whether it’s healthy or not. Made with whole food ingredients, the nutritional yeast gives it that cheesey flavor, while the cashews make it thick and creamy. The hint of nutmeg takes this sauce to the next level. You gotta give it a try!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- Small head of cauliflower
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs coconut aminos
- Dash of Nutmeg
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of black pepper
- Dash of Paprika
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Box of pasta, or zucchini noodles
- Optional: Finely chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Soak cashews in water for a couple hours, then drain, rinse and set aside.
- In a pot, steam cauliflower until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a pan, saute onions and garlic 5-7 minutes with splash of water.
- In a separate pot, boil pasta according to box instructions.
- Once the cauliflower and onion mixture are cooked, add to a high speed blender with the rest of the ingredients (except the pasta). Blend until smooth.
- Once pasta is done, strain, and mix with sauce. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!