Roasted Red Pepper Turkey Meatballs (Grain-free, Few Ingredients)
January 21, 2020 • Appetizers, Mains • gluten-free, grain-free, healthy, paleo • No comments
Here’s a healthy recipe for turkey meatballs that is grain-free, gluten-free and paleo-friendly. This recipe has very few ingredients, and even sneaks in some greens!! Enjoy these meatballs with tomato sauce and pasta if you’d like. To keep it gluten-free I recommend Banza chickpea pasta, and to keep it sugar-free I recommend no-added sugar tomato sauce like Cucina Antica. If you’re trying to stick to a lower-carb meal, try the meatballs with zucchini noodles! This recipe also works as a great appetizer if you serve the meatballs on a platter with toothpicks and a small dish of tomato sauce for dipping on the side. Another tip is to use a small cookie scoop (about the size of a tablespoon), to scoop the batter to form the balls instead of doing it by hand.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 packed cups spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of chopped roasted red peppers (I buy the glass jar of Fire Roasted Red Peppers from Trader Joe's)
- Dash of salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Chop roasted red peppers and chop the spinach.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Form meatballs into tablespoon sized balls. This recipe will make about 25 meatballs of that size.
- Place meatballs in a single layer on a parchment paper lined or silicon mat lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
Leave a comment