Sweet Vanilla BEAN Cookies (Gluten-free and Vegan)
These cookies are protein-packed, delicious and filling! In the afternoons I find myself needing a pick-me-up to hold me over until dinner. These cookies are the perfect snack, or dessert, with no refined sugars and no gluten. You could even throw in some chocolate chips or walnuts to the batter if you’d like.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 18-22 minutes
Total Time: 23-27 minutes
Yields: 7-9 cookies
- 1 can organic great northern beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- A little less than 1/2 cup raw pecan nut butter (cashew or almond butter are other options)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Big dash of cinnamon
- Small pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open can of beans, rinse with water and drain.
- Thoroughly combine all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Scoop cookies onto parchment lined or silicon mat lined baking sheet and bake for 18-22 min. The batter will spread out so make sure you space the cookies out. This made me 7 cookies the size of my palm (pretty big cookies!).