Cookie Dough Protein Bites (Raw, Vegan)
These treats literally taste like cookie dough, are protein-packed and take less than 20 minutes to make! Whip these up and eat them throughout the week as an on-the-go snack, healthy dessert, or afternoon pick-me-up. The source of healthy fats in this recipe come from the chia seeds (yay Omega-3’s!) and nut butter. I like to use 1/4 cup of cashew butter and 1/4 cup of peanut butter. Make sure whichever brand of nut butter you use has minimal ingredients listed; nuts and maybe salt. Avoid nut butters with added sugars and junk you can’t pronounce! I like Artisana Organics’ raw cashew butter, and Wellsley Farms’ peanut butter (which I find at BJ’s). For the protein powder, you can use whatever you’d like, but I personally like Orgain and Vivo Life. Get a rollin’ and enjoy!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 18 protein bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder of choice
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nut butter (I use half peanut butter, half cashew butter)
- 2 tbs coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbs almond milk
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I recommend Enjoy Life semi-sweet mini chips)
- In a large bowl thoroughly combine the rolled oats, almond flour, protein powder, cinnamon and chia seeds.
- Then add in the nut butter, coconut nectar and vanilla extract. Mix until the dough becomes sticky and crumbly, then mix in the chocolate chips. You could also use dried fruit such as raisins instead of chocolate chips if you'd like.
- Slowly add in almond milk 1 tbs at a time until the mixture is sticking together enough to form balls. You should only need up to 4 tbs of milk.
- Roll balls by hand, washing hands in between if dough is sticking too much. This recipe makes about 18 balls that are a heaping tablespoon in size. Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to a week!