Cowgirl Caviar (Only 10 minutes!)
This recipe is my go-to when I need a quick, crowd-pleaser to bring to a party! It takes less than 10 minutes to pull together, requires NO cooking, and is seriously delicious! If you have a Trader Joe’s nearby, I highly suggest serving this as a dip with Trader Joe’s Organic Corn Tortilla chips- they are underrated, but really any tortilla chip will work. This dish is also delicious on its own, or mixed with some pasta as a tex-mex pasta salad – yum! The other thing that really brings this to the next level is the mayo. If you’re looking for an egg-free mayo, my absolute favorite is Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise with avocado oil. The base of this mayo is aquafaba (liquid from chickpeas). If you do eat eggs, one of the cleanest, real-foods mayos I’ve tried is Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo. Either of these are a good, healthy choice for this dish! Another option instead of mayo is to use unsweetened, plain Greek yogurt. This will give a tangier flavor!
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 15.25 oz can of corn
- 1 16 oz can of black beans
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion
- 2 medium sized avocados
- 1/2 a handful of cilantro
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/4 tps or more to taste of each of the following: ground cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and paprika
- Dash of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- Rinse and drain the can of corn and can of black beans, then add both to a large bowl.
- Prepare the other ingredients. Chop the tomatoes, finely chop the cilantro, cube the avocado and finely dice the red onion. Add these ingredients to the large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayo, lime juice and seasonings with a fork. Add this mixture to the large bowl and mix the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or on it's own!