How to Make Healthy Chicken Salad (7 Ingredients!)
Here’s a super simple way to make healthy chicken salad. It’s perfect to add into your meal prep for the week, and tastes great in lettuce wraps, on top of a salad, or eaten as a sandwich or wrap! This recipe is paleo-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free and grain-free. Feel free to add additional veggies such as diced celery, or chopped bell pepper to the mixture to make it your own!
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 1 small avocado
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 tbs finely diced pickles (optional- sub red onion if you don't like pickles)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Romaine hearts
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cook chicken anyway you'd like (boil, grill, bake, stove-top). With a fork shred the chicken.
- With a fork, mash the avocado, and then finely dice the pickles.
- In a bowl mix the mashed avocado, shredded chicken, dijon mustard, Frank's red hot sauce, pickles, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Serve the chicken salad in romaine heart leaves (or bread, wrap, over a salad), and top with cherry tomatoes.