How to Make Healthy Cole Slaw (Only 7 Ingredients!)
Here’s a simple and healthy coleslaw recipe that’s perfect for a side to serve with some BBQ, to put on tacos with teriyaki shrimp, or to eat as a salad with some protein added on top. As far as the mayo for this recipe- if you want to make this slaw egg-free, I highly recommend Sir Kensington’s Fabanaise with avocado oil. The base of this mayo is aquafaba (liquid from chickpeas). It is so creamy and delicious you would have no idea it’s vegan. If you do eat eggs, one of the cleanest, real-foods mayos I’ve tried is Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo. Either of these are a good, healthy choice for this dish!
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 2 packed cups of organic slaw mix (I like shredded green and red cabbage mix with carrots)
- 1 tbsp mayo (Sir Kensington's Fabanaise with avocado oil as vegan option, or Primal Kitchen avocado oil mayo as non-vegan option)
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 4 drops liquid smoke
- 1 tsp organic raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar (Bragg's is a good brand)
- 1 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients until slaw is well coated.
- Cover bowl and place in fridge to allow the flavors to marinade a few hours before serving.